Pupil Premium Strategy Review
Pupil Premium at Brookside Academy
Pupil Premium Free School Meals
If your circumstances change you may be eligible to claim Pupil Premium Free School Meals for your child(ren):
Free School Meals are available to any full-time student who is still at school and eligible. This includes nursery children who attend full days and also sixth form students. All children who are eligible for Free School Meals can access funding for additional support for their learning.
Parents/carers who receive any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Universal Credit
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMR&C) of less than £16,190
Please note: Only the benefits listed above qualify for free school meals.
If you have recently become unemployed but are still receiving Working Tax Credits, you may be entitled to free school meals. Please call Somerset County Council on 0300 123 2224 for advice.
If you think you may be eligible, please click on the link below which takes you straight to the Somerset County Council online Free School Meals Application Form.