We are looking forward to seeing you all. Building work has finished with Toucans and the Sensory Room looking great.
As in previous years we will be rotating swimming and Forest School
We will continue to have Sport provided by TLE coaches (Mr Ennis)
|Monday Afternoon (1:30-3:10)||Tuesday Morning (9:30-10:30||Wednesday Morning (9:30-10:30)|
|Woodpeckers||Parrots||Kingfishers, Hummingbirds and Toucan (when not at Forest School|
Topics for this year will be:
Autumn A - Superheroes
Autumn B - Winter wonderland
Spring A - In the jungle
Spring B - On the farm
Summer A- Come Fly with me
Summer B - Whole School topic (yet to be confirmed)
Communication with home and school
This year will be using ClassDojo to communicate with parents/carers. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to see wow moments as they happen at school. We will be able to send photos home to you more frequently and be able to inform you if Swimming/ Forest School has been cancelled or to remember kits. You will be able to message the teaching teams directly from the website or app as well as being able to see the whole class story. You will receive a password to set up your accounts (this will take less than 5 minutes) in due course. Please look at the ClassDojo FAQ's for parents from the following link.
Topic overview for Kingfishers and Toucans
Woodpecker topic overview
Parrot's Superhero Topic.
· Describing superhero characters
· Elliot the Midnight Superhero
· Tracing lines, shapes and patterns
· Copying lines, shapes and patterns
· Forming letters correctly.
· Write in a list
· Use ‘and’ and ‘but’
· Spelling the days of the week
· Exploring heavy and light items.
· Identifying heavy and light items.
· Finding items heavier than and lighter than
· Responding to same and different / not the same
· Identify hot and cold items
· Finding one less than a number
· Sequence and discussing daily events
· Creating our own superhero masks
· Creating our own superheroes
· Everyday superheroes – emergency services
· Preparing, cooking and tasting our superhero fruit and vegetables
· Matching and Sorting materials
· Identifying materials and their properties
· Exploring material changes
· Making predictions
· Recording findings
Hummingbirds Topic Overview
· Choice making through Eye Gaze technology, symbols, pictures, switches, signing and PECs.
· Expressing our opinions through the use of symbols.
· Individual targets set by Speech and Language therapists.
· Weekly sessions with our school based Speech and Language therapist.
Arts and Crafts
· Making superhero badges and logos through potato printing.
· Painted vegetable printing and rolling to explore making different marks.
· Bubble wrap painting and printing to make different fruit and vegetable pictures.
· Supertato sensory story.
· Sorting and identify fruits and vegetable by colour and shape.
· Tasting different fruits and vegetables, and expressing our likes and dislikes through Eye Gaze technology, symbols, switches and signing.
Sensory and Enrichment
· Each week we will be exploring a new texture as part of our weekly superhero sensory tray e.g. hulk slime, Spiderman’s web and the escape of the evil peas from our Supertato story.
· TAC PAC therapy.
· Sensory room sessions.
· Hydrotherapy and swimming.
· Forest school.